Bleeding under the skin/itchiness/red 4 wks post op breast implants w/ lift. Is this normal or shall I get checked out? (photos)

I had a 300cc with lift 4 weeks ago and a tiny wound opened last week. I put some gauze pads on with saline solution not so long ago and now my breasts are really itchy all around the scars, I also have what looks like red bleeding spots under my right breast and both of them are red raw. 

Bleeding under the skin/itchiness/red 4 wks post op breast implants w/ lift. Is this normal or shall I get checked out?

Thank you for your question and pics.
Questions to ask yourself: are you applying any ointment to the surgical site?  Is one breast larger or more swollen compared to the other side?  How much bleeding are you experiencing?  The range of possibilities include an allergic reaction / contact dermatitis, infection, fluid collection/hematoma or delayed healing.  Please return to your surgeon as soon as possible to be evaluated and ensure proper follow up care.  Good luck!

Listen to your surgeon

Why would you put gauze with saline on the breast?  You should be doing only what you are told by the surgeon.  This may be nothing but you have created a situation the surgeon must interpret and then act upon.

Bleeding

I would suggest going back to your surgeon and letting him/her check you to make sure you are healing properly. You may have some irritation from ointment or tapes, or starting to spit out undissolved sutures. Your surgeon can check you and determine what specifically is happening.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thaks for your question and provided information as well.. I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. Bleeding is normal for the first weeks, you will be alright, Hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Bleeding under the skin/itchiness/red 4 wks post op breast implants w/lift. Is this normal or shall I get checked out?

From your description and photos, I believe you may be developing a contact dermatitis - possibly from some topical ointment or dressing you are using.  Let your surgeon know about this situation and have them see you as soon as possible.  In the meantime stop using any topical medications or dressing you may have been using.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon