Sex after Mini Tummy Tuck: How long should you wait?

What are the chances of the incision reopening?

Intercourse after a Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. It is important to realize that the amount of time it takes for recovery varies greatly among individuals. Depending on the extent of your abdominoplasty and your general physical condition. Any sexual activity should be avoided for a minimum of two weeks.Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman Estates BarringtonOakbrook Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Sex after Surgery

This largely depends on how extensive your procedure was. Always best to check with your plastic surgeon for the best advice. I generally allow most of my tt patients to have sex after six weeks with the woman in the top position so she is in control to make it less likely for an injury to occur.

You should not have strenuous activity for 6 weeks.  I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to specific information/advice. He/she knows exactly what was done and how you are progressing. Concerns would include an increase in heart rate and the potential for bleeding.  Muscle spasm may be painful. Obviously, significant pressure on the surgical site is not a good idea either. It is not uncommon for patients to report increased swelling that occurs after vigorous exercise (including sexual activity),  even several months after tummy tuck surgery.