Advice on what to do about my Ptosis? (Photos)

I believe I have Ptosis in my right eye that has been causing other problems like raised/uneven eyebrow and head tilting. I went to see an ocuplastic surgeon, but he wasn't confident about the results and sent me away. The issue was that 1 of my eyes has a double eyelid crease, while the other is right above my eyelid (right eye, no crease). Could I please get some advice on what is wrong/what I should do next? Is this Ptosis and Is this actually a complicated surgery to perform/is it fixable?

Doctor Answers 2

Ptosis and dermatochalasis

Thank you for sharing your question and posting your photo. It is difficult to see the ptosis, but the lack of an eyelid crease is obvious. You probably should only have "double crease" blepharoplasty performed by an experienced Oculoplastic Surgeon.  Good luck,

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 139 reviews

Asymmetric skin creases.

Hi there. Greetings from the UK. It's difficult to see from your photos whether you have a true ptosis or not. A ptosis is when the eyelid margin is lower than normal and as you can't see your actual eyelid margin on YOUR right upper lid, one cannot comment if you've got a true ptosis. You've certainly got asymmetrical lid folds though and I suspect that it's probably because you have a well defined natural crease on YOUR left upper lid and a poorly formed one on the right. I do perform unilateral Asian Blepharoplasty for patients like yourself and would normally try to construct a skin crease on your right upper lid to match the natural crease of your left upper lid. Best wishes. David

David Cheung, MBChB, Bsc(Hons), FRCOphth
Birmingham Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 2 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.