Can you advise me before second gynecomastia operation? I still have hanging skin. Do I need fat grafting? (Photo)

This is the result on a gynecomastia operated in December 2013. Way too much fat has been removed above the nipple area, and it is worst on the left breast - There's still a lot of skin hanging ,there are major adherences: one below the nipple area on the left breast, and one on each breast, at the same location, above the nipple area. There's so much skin hanging on the left breast that I don't see how we can avoid cutting & removing some of it. I think I also need fat grafting. Thank you.

Speak to your Plastic Surgeon About Possible Fat Grafting or Injectables

As you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.

In the future, if you are still experiencing your crater concern, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.  They may possibly be able to address the issue with fat grafting or cosmetic fillers if you are a good fit.

Your result is not ideal but there is hope

It does appear that you have both a contour and skin irregularity. It would be best to consult with a plastic surgeon for advice on corrective surgery. It is always best to visit your initial surgeon for routine follow up first as he or she knows best the exact details of your procedure. If you plan to visit a different surgeon you should be prepared to obtain your operative records including photographs for the new surgeon to review. 

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon