Can I wear waist trainers everyday and does my stomachs look good so far? (photos)

Hi everyone.. I am 4 months tummy tuck post op and I'm still wearing my binder day and night still swell and fell tight can I wear a latex waist trainer all day all night instead ?? And also I am 4 moths post open and still feel uncomfortable without a tight binder my stomach still swells and feel tight is this normal

Wearing a waist trainer everyday

At this point the only reason I see you would want to wear the binder is because you feel comfortable in it.  But speak to your Plastic surgeon as we all have different post operative instructions.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Binders four months after a tummy tuck

After four months I see no need for support, it actually may be counterproductive. Start crunches and loose the support. The lower part will need more time, and the muscles must get stronger. If your surgeon was a board certified plastic surgeon, follow her, or his instructions, you are in good hands.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photographs.This is a question you should ask your surgeon because every surgeon has a slightly different aftercare protocol. I usually recommend that my patients wear the binder for 5-6 weeks. At 4months, I see no reason to continue wearing it other than as you stated, its more comfortable for you. In regards to the latex waist trainer, as long as it has no wires and doesn’t cut into your incision line and you find it comfortable then there should be no problem switching to that instead. Best of luck in you recovery.
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon