Why do I have this swollen bulge from under my breast to my belly button after 3 months Tummy tuck post op? (photo)

Had a tummy tuck 3 months ago my stomach was flat until a few weeks ago I have not stopped wearing my compression garment cus of swelling and comfort but I now have a bulge or swelling in the top part of my abdomen.. Why still waiting to hear back from my surgeon

Swollen bulge after a tummy tuck

Thank you for the question and photos. Even though you had a procedure done 3 months ago, it may take up to 4-6 months for swelling and other irregularities to completely resolve. Your swollen bulge may be due to a seroma (i.e., a collection of fluid under your skin), which is one of the most common complications after a tummy tuck. It is difficult to guarantee a reliable evaluation of your concern without an in-person exam. You should try to get a hold of your board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain a reliable medical advice and, if necessary, receive appropriate treatment. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Why do I have this swollen bulge from under my breast to my belly button after 3 months Tummy tuck post op?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  It is difficult without an in-person examination to determine what may be taking place.  Most commonly this is residual swelling from surgery which will spontaneously resolve but it would be important to voice your concerns to your surgeon to ensure that other issues are not taking place - discrete fluid collection, muscle laxity, or residual adipose tissue. 

Bulge after tummy tuck

Dear madam,   Thanks for submitting your pictures. From observing your pictures, indeed , it appears that you have a bulge that  involves the belly button area and the upper abdomen. Only your surgeon can address your problem, because he knows what was done and what kind of sutures (permanent or absorbing) were used. Until you see him, make sure to wear a tight binder on the belly button area and the upper abdomen and avoid strainuous activity.               All the best,                                        Dr Widder