Picosure on forearm tattoo? (photo)

I just got a tattoo of a rose on my forearm about a week ago and I am having severe regret. I know that I need to wait at least a month or 2 before I can consider having it removed but I just want to know how effective you think laser removal will be? I have been reading horror stories of people who have gone through 7 or more sessions and seen almost zero results and I'm terrified of putting in the money for no results. But I want to be rid of this thing! Please help!

PicoSure for tattoo removal

Thanks for your question. PicoSure™ uses photomechanical PressureWave technology, which is capable of shattering even the smallest targeted ink particles. The laser’s ultra-short pulse duration creates an intense impact, breaking up the tattoo ink into tiny particles that are easily eliminated from your body. The number of treatments you will need to fully remove your tattoo will depend on a number of factors (size of tattoo, color of ink and its depth.) Best is to visit a board certified dermatologist to discuss number of treatments as each person reacts differently. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Picosure tattoo removal

You should have good to great results with the picosure laser.  The predominant color in the tattoo is black with some shading.  You may require 6 to 10 treatments for near complete to complete removal  You do not need to wait more than a month to start your treatments. It is not possible to guarantee 100% removal as many factors such as location of tattoo, type of ink and density determine results. But based on the pictures I think you will be happy with the process.  As always, it is important to goto a provider who has experience with tattoo removal

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Tattoo Removal

Your tattoo can be successfully removed. However you must wait at least 3-4 month before treatment can begin. A picosecond laser, Picosure, is the best option. It will work well on your black ink. Tattoo removal is time consuming and it will usually take between 5- 10 sessions, 6-8 weeks apart. Consult with a doctor how has a Picosure laser.

James Shire, MD
Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon