Can a keloid be excised and not grow back? (Photo)

I am 21 Caucasian and have two keloids on the top of each ear currently going to plastic surgeons & thinking about getting it excised along with a rotation flap to fill the gap. Also going to get steroid shots immediately afterward and follow up with more shots for a few months. But basically is there any hope that it won't grow back and all this might work? I scar up normal everywhere else. thinking the keloids formed from dissolvable stitches I had and my body just didn't agree with them.

Keloid therapy in Los Angeles

Keloids can grow back. I would suggest employing Plato's Scar Serum and intralesional therapy after surgery. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles