Upper eyelid grafting after accident?

Does anyone here have experience with grafting in the area between the eyebrow and the eyelid? I read some doctors caution about it. Their main reason is that is difficult to find donor skin that matches the color well. If I have enough skin from the other eye, can I expect good result? The color and texture should match well I would think? What is the best way to find plastic surgeons with experience in grafting? Are there surgeons or hospitals that have specialized in procedures like this?

The basics about skin grafting around the eye

Skin grafting is a common way to reconstruct a damaged area after an accident or cancer removal. The skin of the eyelids is the thinnest on the body, so the only location which generally is a good color and texture match is skin from the other eyelid.

This is a relatively straightforward procedure an experienced surgeon. The surgical equipment needed is not specialized, so you don't need to worry about a hospital, just find a board certified (facial) plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon in your area.  This type of procedure could be done under local anesthesia and as an outpatient.

Without pictures of your face, it is impossible to determine if that is an appropriate procedure for you, and if you would have enough skin from your other eye available for the full thickness skin graft. Of course, this will be easy for your surgeon to determine after he or she examines you.
Best wishes, MKB

Roanoke Facial Plastic Surgeon

Grafyting to eyelids

Usong skin from the other upper eyelid will give you a good color match,Skin grafting is a very common procedure and I would think a board certified plastic surgeon would be your best bet.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Upper eyelid grafting after accident

The best match for eyelid skin grafting is skin from the other eyelid, if available. You have not posted any photographs nor indicated the extent of the problem, but in general, any properly trained and accredited plastic surgeon should be able to perform this procedure.

Roy Ng, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid grafting - matching skin

Your concerns are well founded in that it is very difficult to achieve a good match, even with eyelid skin which should be the best match. You should consult with a surgeon experienced in this procedure.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Upper eyelid grafting after accident?

Grafting the upper lid is the answer. To obtain the best color and texture match, the donor site should be the other upper lid. Good luck 

Upper eyelid grafting after accident?

Best to seek ONLY IN PERSON evaluations with board certified Plastic Surgeons in Ft Lauderdale... ///