Follow-Up Question - Lower blepharoplasty did not help or seem to make a difference. What else can I do? (photos)

I had a lower blepharoplasty done about four months ago to remove puffiness an extra skin. It did remove a very small amount of puffiness however did nothing for the extra skin. I realize the dark color will not be affected by surgery but I did expect better results.

To see previous question, click here.

Filler injection to treat under eye hollowness after lower blepharoplasty

You have both hollowness under eyes and areas of puffiness. One option is have filler injection in the hollow area and leave the puffy areas alone. It is very effective and predictable. Not sure if further surgery is valid for you. See following link. See an oculoplastic specialist.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

You could have help using hyaluronic acid fillers for these issues.

These services are fussy and require a highly skilled injector who has a great deal of experience with under eye fillers.  The treatment lasts about a year so it has reasonable good longevity, does not require surgery, and if needed, the treatment can be adjusted with an injection of enzyme.

Post lower lid surgery

These pictures are not extremely helpful.  Would be nice to see one pre-op in a close up view.  I am assuming the other one is post-op??  You still have some contour irregularities in the after.  There is a prominent medial fat pad, and still some hollowing laterally.  You have a prominent malar fat pad - and this may still be swollen at 4 months.  We will sometimes do ulthera to try and flatten that out a little.  At 6 months you can decide what to do.  May need a revision surgery, or some filler/fat to try and smooth out the contour.  You look pretty hollow in the before, so might have been good to put fat or filler in initially.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower blepharoplasty....what else can I do?

4 months after surgery you still have not healed completely but the improvement to some fairly depressed areas probably won't be great after this.  It is always best to see your surgeon again for a discussion and wait until the appropriate time for all healing to occur.  Some groves around the eyes can be improved with fat grafting.  Since removing puffy fat can be a nice improvement but it won't help the areas that are sunken in.  Again, I cannot give definite advice based on these few pictures and only 4 months and it would be best to wait the full 6 months and get the opinion of your surgeon. 

Thomas Hubbard, MD, FACS
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon