What causes these grooves under my eyes?

I had 1ml of filler applied to my tear trough 11 weeks ago, & since then I have noticed these semi-circular hollows under my eyes. They begin at the outer corner of my eye & appear to be 'pulling down' into the cheek. My surgeon said that they were probably there before & cannot be completely corrected with filler but a little extra may improve it slightly. Could this separation have been caused by the initial injection (done with a canular) and can it be fixed?

Hello, and thanks for your question. I'm sorry you did not get the result you had hoped for. Please post photos so I can get a better idea as to what is going on. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon