Upper Bleph Revision? Don't want to offend my awesome surgeon! (photos)

Hi there! In November I had an upper blepharoplasty on my right eyelid only. Before, it appeared to look "Asian" according to the surgeons with whom I consulted pre-op. After surgery, there still seems to be excess skin/fat still causing the lid to create an undesired slant. My eyebrow isn't causing such an effect as raising the eyebrow with my fingers in the mirror caused no desired change. Do I have a right to ask that a revision be done with little/no extra cost? Thanks for your time!

Upper Bleph Revision? Don't want to offend my awesome surgeon!

If you are complaining about dropping of the eyelids or lower eyelid bagginess then you might be a good candidate for the Laser Blepharoplasty operation. Although the plastic surgery era is highly developed and there are new treatment models for several other procedures; there is still no efficient alternative of blepharoplasty operation. If you are not comfortable with the look of your eyelids blepharoplasty operation may be a solution for you.

Your surgeon should never be offended by patient concerns

if easily appreciated as yours are.  Your surgeon should be able to tweak your results with a revision done in the office but you must clearly make your surgeon understand exactly what you are expecting.

Curtis Wong, MD

Revision of blepharoplasty

You do seem to have a little excess skin medially in the right upper eyelid.  After 6 months your surgeon should be able to do a small revision to fix this.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Your awesome surgeon seems to have done a conservative upper eyelid surgery.

Without before and after pictures it is difficult to precisely know what was accomplished at surgery in November.  However, you still have an upper eyelid fold and that is good.  I think it is perfectly reasonable to talk to your surgeon about your concerns.  Revisional surgery policies are all over the map.  Some surgeons will only charge you for cost of their facility, some will charge you a surgeons fee, that may be reduced, and a facility fee. I think very few will do more surgery at no extra cost but see your surgeon.  One concern you should have is simply: is your surgeon capable of delivering what you want?  See your surgeon and also consider getting some second opinions.  You have waited long enough after the first surgery so your timing is good.

Post blepharoplasty revision?

Your eyes are fine--leave them alone. You are likely to find a surgeon to do this and look worse!