Can I get a revision at 9 months post op and can i get the look on 2nd pic that's my pic with computer imaging? (photo)

Want to get a revision at 9 months and want to get my nostrils narrowed this time but doc says I would need a full rhinoplasty for that which would include narrowing the bridge more and making tip less bulbous I really want my nose to look like it does in 2nd pic is it very possible for it to look like that tho like are the chances high ?

Can I get a revision at 9 months post op and can i get the look on 2nd pic that's my pic with computer imaging?

Although you could do an alar reduction to reduce the width of your nostrils, I feel it is safer to wait for the entire nose to heal and perform all of the changes at the same time. This has the advantage of a healed nose and a single surgery. I typically would perform an alar reduction at the end of the case to match the width of your new nose. 

I recommend having a sit down discussion with your surgeon about the safest plan to achieve your goals. 

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

REVISION RHINOPLASTY

Dear Cool beans, To attain the desired result you show in photograph #2 then I agree you need to have the bridge narrowed and the tip refined as well as the nasal base. This will better balance the overall aesthetics versus just reducing the alar rim. I believe it is most advantageous for the patient to wait an entire year for a revision procedure. You can certainly start seeking consultations for secondary opinions at this time and then schedule for the upcoming months. I would suggest that you request a copy of your operative report and pre-operative photographs to have on hand when going through the consulting process. If you are happy with your current surgeon then you will need to follow his protocol. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

It is conceivable to have a revision at 9 months.  However, an in-office exam would be needed to see if the tissues are ready for it.  Everyone has different healing rates.  To get to your ideal, a revision would narrow your tip further and narrow the bridge.  Narrowing the nostrils can be done now as an in-office procedure under local anesthesia.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

At 9 months, an alar plasty can be performed as a stand-alone procedure under local anesthesia to narrow the nostrils. The bridgeline and tip  can be narrowed, but it's important to wait at least a year before performing any revisional tip surgery to allow full healing to occur before undergoing another surgical alteration to the nose.

Correcting enlarged alar rims

You can correct your alar rim prominence in the office under local anesthetic solution only. Please see rhino examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Reasonable Rhinoplasty Revision Expectations

Your expectations are reasonable.  The nostrils and nasal base can be narrowed. I agree that you should consider also narrowing your bridge and making your tip less bulbous so you achieve a result where the entire nose is balanced.