I'm 5'4", 139 lbs, and decided with Allergen Saline. Which one would you recommend; high profile or moderate plus? (photos)

I'm 5'4", weigh 139 lbs, wear a size 7 jeans. I want to avoid getting that fake look. The look where it looks like balloons were attached to the chest. I would also like to avoid sagging when they settle. What will moderate plus look like over time? My cup size is 36B. Please help. Thank you in advance. High profile or Moderate plus? Size for a girl like me?

Implants are not enough

At size 36 B each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal.However, if you want to achieve a D you would require 400 cc implants, which weigh almost 1 lb each.The weight of the implant over time frequently results in sagging.I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Through the same incision, implants can be placed.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.Instead of focusing on profile and type of implant, a simultaneous lift will achieve the perky breast your desire and be stable long term.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

High or moderate profile implants

First, I would like to say that you should consider silicone implants for there are really no benefits to saline and several negatives! The difference between the two types is really not that great, if you want them to be less natural appearing, then go with high profile ones.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant type

I usually prefer high profile implants and put them under the muscle.  High profile implants seem to have less of a problem with rippling than moderate.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Choosing Your Breast Implants

There are a number of issues I would like to discuss.
1. Deciding you would like the results seen in the photos of another patient is only reasonable if you happen to look like the patient did in the before photo.  
2. Your height, weight and pant size are not important to proper implant sizing. There are five measurements, all related to your breast and chest dimensions that are important to proper implant sizing.
3. If you want a natural look, high profile implants are not what you want; neither are implants that are inappropriately sized for your breasts.  BTW, 'natural' is a very subjective adjective that might mean something different to you than it does to someone else (your surgeon).  Be sure to show photos of patients you feel are 'natural'. 
4. Although you have a choice, saline implants are inferior to silicone gel implants in virtually every way. You should have a thorough discussion with your doctor about the safety and durability of silicone gel implants.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Saline implants

It is not the choice of implant that determines the final breast result alone. Your result will be largely be determined by the technique of the surgeon. It will depend on the breast dissection, volume selection, present breast tissue and your breast dimensions.

All other parameters being equal the high profile implants give a fake look especially if they are saline filled.

I'm 5'4", 139 lbs, and decided with Allergen Saline. Which one would you recommend; high profile or moderate plus?

I'm confused by the photos. Are these your breasts or are they some other patient and they represent your desired results? It appears as though the latter is the case. Having a "natural look" is dependent on several factors. First and foremost is the patient's anatomy and second would be the surgical skill of the surgeon.

Moderate plus profiles will give you a slightly larger diameter and IMHO will look more natural than the high profiles. Beware of rippling and the use of saline implants, especially if you have little breast tissue.

Always seek out the opinion of a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in cosmetic breast surgery. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up.

I wish you well on your journey. Good luck

From your photos, it would be the moderate plus profile tht gives the look you prefer. As to size, there are so many factors that go into the choice it takes a full exam before tht can be determined

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Silicone might be a better option

Generally, moderate plus implants are more natural in appearance, and silicone looks and feels natural vs saline which has to be slightly overinflated to decrease the chance of leak and valve incompetence. You should seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who frequently performs breast augmentation. 

Wesley G. Schooler, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Moderate profile plus breast implants 10 to look more natural than high profile

Very generally speaking moderate profile plus breast implants and medial and lateral fullness to your breast and look more natural than a high profile which can be  more projected and narrower at the base.  Next para if I agree that you need an in person examination and consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who will perform a breast implant sizing system evaluation on you after taking measurements of your breast and chest.  Only with a professional exam and advice can you reach the proper decision.

Higher profile implants project more

The higher profile implant will project out more creating more prominent upper pole fullness giving more of a rounded bubble on top.  This style implant may be appropriate for you depending on your measurements and desired size.  If you want to look as natural as possible a lower profile implant would be a better choice in general.  
The most important factor in picking an implant is the measurements of your breast and nipple position.  A higher profile implant may cause your nipple to appear too high on your breast if the implant doesn't match properly with your breast dimensions.
There are many factors that need to be considered in making the right implant choice.  A board certified plastic surgeon will have the proper training to help you make the right decision.

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon