Do I have gynecomastia? (photos)

I wieght about 141 pounds and im woundering if i have gynecomastia. I just want to know if i have it or not to get to work on it or get it checked out by a doctor.

Cannot tell from these photos

Gynecomastia implies an abnormal amount of breast tissue in a male.   Sometimes this occurs as a diffuse fullness of fatty breast tissue, sometimes as a distinct nodule.    If you do not have a distinct nodule, I would not think that you have gynecomastia that requires treatment.

Candidate for gynecomastia removal surgery

From your photos, you seem to be a candidate for gynecomastia removal surgery or male breast reduction. Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed.

You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary. I have attached a link to help you with your decision!

Do I have gynecomastia?

In your photographs, I don't see any significant gynecomastia. If you're satisfied with your chest contour / shape, then there wouldn't be any need to arrange a cosultation with a plastic surgeon.

Owen Reid, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

SEE a gynecomastia specialist if it bothers you

How should I choose a surgeon?
Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter.
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.So be extremely careful choosing the right Plastic Surgeon at the beginning.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Do You Have Gynecomastia?

The two most important questions to ask when dealing with a patient with gynecomastia are: 1) How long has the gynecomastia been present? 2) Are there any other causes of gynecomastia in that patient? If there are no other identifiable medical causes, and hormone levels are normal, then surgery is recommended if they have had gynecomastia for over two years. While there is no “youngest age” to undergo gynecomastia surgery, I make sure that my patients have had gynecomastia for at least two years and have no other identifiable causes for their gynecomastia.
There are many times when gynecomastia can be developed and corrected, and the best way for that to be determined is in consultation with a plastic surgeon. They will be able to determine all of the physical details of your condition and make sure whether or not a surgical procedure will be needed. Good luck to you!

Gynecomastia

You have slight gynecomastia which can be corrected with male breast surgery. This is an elective procedure that requires liposuction and direct excision of discoid tissue. Please see examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Gynecomastia

Thanks for your pictures and for your inquiry. I would say that you need to have an in person consultation to evaluate your case better. Respectfully,Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Do I have gynecomastia?

Thank you for your question and it is very difficult if you have real breast tissue of just fat but your problem is minimal but if this is of great concern for you there are ways to improve it.  I would recommend you visit a board certified plastic surgeon who can tell what be best for you.  Good Luck

John D. Smoot, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia surgery requires personal exam

Only a personal consultation will determine if you have gynecomastia, which is primarily caused by excess tissue thereby it always entails direct excisions.
Pseudo gynecomastia, meanwhile, is only caused by excess fat, thus liposuction-alone can provide a good amount of improvement. 
For photo reference, please feel free to visit the attached link. 

Gynecomastia

Thank you for the question and photos but an examination is really needed so see your family MD or an expert in that area and be evaluated
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD