Unusual Bumps Around Head of Penis? (photo)

I have recently noticed a few small bumps around the head of my penis, and being sexually active its caused great concern. However ive used protection every time..and there is no itching nor burning around the area...any answers to what it may be?

Mild case of PPP

You have a very mild case of PPP. I have included a link which will explains this harmless condition and treatment options available. I hope this helps. Best, Dr. Groff

San Diego Dermatologist

No reason to be concerned...

just "one of those things"...up to 25% of men have them...not a sexually transmitted disease and not contagious...kind of analogous to skin tags...no treatment necessary but if you want, may be burned off with either a cautery-like machine or a laser...but suggest no intervention is by far the best option...will persist indefinitely but

Ken Landow, MD

Pearly Penile Papules treated with Pulsed-Dye Laser

The unusual bumps that you are noticing on your penis, likely represent pearly penile papules. This condition is benign and no treatment is necessary, however, if you do not like their cosmetic appearance you could try Pulsed-Dye Laser (PDL). I have recently had an article published on the subject in JAMA journal of Dermatology.

Sheetal Sapra, MD
Ontario Dermatologic Surgeon