Unsure of rhinoplasty results: Will it get better? (Photo)

I had my rhinoplasty 3 months ago. I had a naturally very upturned nose. My surgeon used septal cartilage grafts in an open procedure (no steroid shots yet). Overall, the recovery has been much longer and stressful than I expected, and I'm still not convinced I will like it. I can't tell if this is due to it being such a different look, swelling, or the results aren't what I was expecting. I don't like how it points down at the tip and seems big. Any advice? I'm tired of worrying about my nose.

Rhinoplasty results take one year for final result.

Rhinoplasty results take one year for final result. The swelling will gradually go down every few months will be a little bit different and at one year your nose results  will be  permanent.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Revision rhinoplasty

In the big picture three months is still very early and things will continue to change.  At three months it would be very reasonable to begin kenalog (steroid) injections into the supratip when it is still very swollen.  Steroids will expedite reduction of swelling but it must be done starting with a low concentration and then reassess at one month to judge whether anymore should be done and if a higher concentration is needed. 

Robert Glasgold, MD, FACS
East Brunswick Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

Robert Glasgold, MD, FACS
East Brunswick Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revisions for rhinoplasty

Although it is difficult to tell from a photo that shows only one angle, it does appear that your nasal tip lacks adequate support and projection. Additionaly views would be helpful. Please also know that most rhinoplasty results to take about one year, for all of the swelling to subside.

Revisions for rhinoplasty

Unsure of rhinoplasty results: Will it get better?

Post rhinoplasty healing take 6 months to a year. So be patient and allow the dealing process to continue... 

Supratip swelling

The healing phase of the rhinoplasty can cause swelling the area just above the tip and that can cause a pointy or droopy look. It gets better with time and also with steroid injections in the area.
Regards
Dr. J
Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Supratip swelling

Regards
Dr. J

Results

It is early yet to judge your final result but I would express your concerns to your surgeon at your next follow up visit

Dr Corbin

Results

Dr Corbin