What do gyno surgeons think of this post on inflammation(8 weeks post op )? Kenalog question. (photos)

I had Gyno surgery right side only (gland excision,no lipo ) 8 weeks ago . After about 3 weeks the majority of the swelling died down. However I've been left with this area of swollen tissue under the nipple . it's not a seroma because I've tried to aspirate it ( I am a health care professional). I know post op swelling can last months , but I'm wondering if a local injection of kenalog would help ? The level of swelling has not changed in the past 4 weeks (I've been measuring it weekly ) Thanks

What do gyno surgeons think of this post on inflammation(8 weeks post op )?

I think that you have a very good understanding of the issues at hand.  My concern with the local injection of kenalog would be its unpredictable  effect;  it may or may not create the change you would like to see, and potentially exposes you to atrophy complications.  If I were you, I would allow nature to take its course and avoid intervention at this point. Best wishes.

Post-Op Swelling

Bruising and swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. The compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will heal. The best recommendation to offer if none of these help and you still find yourself concerned is to visit your surgeon in person to have the area evaluated to ensure proper healing. Best of luck!

Swelling 8 weeks post gynecomastia excision

I am personally not a fan of steroid injections into the breast as the results can be unpredictable.  In your case, the subareolar fullness you are seeing can be due to one of several causes: (I will presume it's not a seroma due to your attempted aspiration.)  1:  Edema can persist for months after an excision of breast tissue and should subside somewhat.  I don't think that edema alone explains the degree of fullness you are exhibiting.  2:  An early build up of scar tissue can lead to subareolar fullness.  This could potentially respond to steroid injections, but tends to improve with time as the immature scar is replaced with more compact, mature scar tissue.3:  Residual breast tissue that was left under the nipple in an effort to avoid over-resection can give this appearance, and is actually what I think is going on.  If edema elsewhere in the chest has subsided, I would guess that you may need a bit more resection in the future to flatten the areola.Without an examination in person, and without following your course over the next few months it is impossible to make a diagnosis.  You should visit your surgeon for reassurance.  By the time you are 6 months or so postop you should have a good sense of your final result and you can plan any revisions with your surgeon.