Could I be forming a capsule? What are the signs of a subglandular capsule forming?

breast implant revision/mastopexy 19 days ago from ruptures from 1988 surgery. I began wearing a band a 4 days ago. The right breast isn't dropping so the ptosis is still there . The nipple is a little over a half inch below the left though I'm cinching the band really tight. I had stitches out a few days ago and the hope is the right implant will drop but I can't see it budge and I'm trying to push the upper bulge down. I will be seeing my ps in about 4 weeks.

Contracture formation

is usually quite obvious as one breast gets firmer and distortion of the mound develops.  At your point, it would be more likely that your implants need to settle and you should give your best to helping it with strap use and massage.  Once your lower breast is at a good place, you cannot keep pushing that side down so ask your surgeon what to do if and when that happens.

Implants take a minimum of 6 weeks to drop

At 19 days, particularly with a revisionary surgery, it is too early to judge your results. It is often several months before implants settle in completely. That said, I'd make an appointment to see your PS sooner to check in and have your concerns addressed in person with the benefit of a physical exam. Best of luck and congratulations, Dr. Meghan Nadeau, Seattle, WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD

Thank you for your question. Without pictures or an exam, it is very hard to answer your question in particular. At only 19 days postop, it is too early to critically evaluate your results and be critical. After such a procedure, it may take weeks to months for the final result to be evident. Until then, you need to stay in touch with your plastic surgeon and follow his or her instructions. As for the capsule, everyone forms a capsule around the implant, that is what the body does. As for forming a hard or painful capsule that leads to contracture, that would be something highly unlikely this soon after surgery. 
Hope this helps!