18 year old c-section with a horizontal scar. Could I have a tummy tuck? (Photo)

I would like to have a tummy tuck. I m 42 yrs old weight 186. My issue is I had an emergency c-section 18 years old ago that left a horizontal scar. Would it be possible to have a tummy tuck that would look nice.

Tummy tuck

Abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck, is designed to firm and smooth the stomach area. The procedure removes excess skin and fat from the abdomen and may tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall. Generally, a horizontal incision is placed just within or above the pubic area. The incision extends outward toward the hipbones but is kept within the swimsuit lines when possible. The scar should hide nicely under panties and a bathing suit.  

C-Section 18 years ago with horizontal scar. Can I have a TT?

Absolutely. You furnished three photos, and the center one doesn't look like the same person, as there appears to be much more loose skin in that one. Even so, you are an excellent candidate for an abdominoplasty. Of course, you will need to be seen by a Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery for a personal examination to get the details of the procedure and post operative recovery to expect.

I highly recommend the "no-drain" tummy tuck. the advantages are: no cumbersome drains, much less discomfort, and faster recovery time. Also the complication rate of seromas is much less. It does take special Progressive Tension Sutures to eliminate the drains.

Thank you for your photos and interesting question. Best of luck to you.

Could I have a tummy tuck?

Hi dear, thank you for your photos and questions..

In accordance with your images the procedure that would be best for you would be the tummy tuck, this consists in the removal of excess skin and abdominal fat and muscle flaccidity correction. This situation of excess skin and relaxation of the abdominal wall is often in patients who have had weight gain and subsequent loss or in women who have had multiple pregnancies. Abdominoplasty get a flatter, firmer abdomen and a narrower waist. the most important is make your evaluation with a certified plastic surgeon.

best regards!

Ramon Morales, MD

Tummy tuck with previous scar

Thank you for your question and pictures. Yes, I do feel you will benefit from an abdominoplasty. Furthermore, the old scar may be able to be removed during the procedure leaving your new scar below the former scar. It is best that you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon who can determine the best surgical plan for you.

Mark Deutsch, MD

C- section scar

I believe a full TT will give you an improved silhouette and skin tone. Your scar should not pose a problem. The scar below the belly button can be fully excised along with the extra skin and tissue. Once your TT incision is healed and you find that the remaining upper scar is not acceptable, you may then choose to have that scar revised. I hope this helps. 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

18 year old c-section with a horizontal scar. Could I have a tummy tuck?

Tummy tuck with liposuction of sides and back would give you the best result.

Could i have a tummy tuck

Thank you for providing a picture. 

I would recommend a full tummy tuck to remove any lose skin and scar from the belly button down as well as some liposuction to the flanks at the same time.  This will give you a flatter tummy while tightening the muscles and getting rid of the excess skin and fat. *

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Often the vertical component from the umbilicus to the pubis can be removed with a full tummy tuck. Best of  luck.

Tummy tuck

No, your old c-section should not in any way prohibit you from getting a tummy tuck. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person and discuss your best options.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD