I'm thinking of having only 1/2 ml of Juvederm in top lip only. Would 1/2 ml be ok just for top lip ? (photos)

Quantity of filler for upper lip

Based on the photograph, a 1/2 syringe may be an appropriate start for the lips. Your injector may need to charge you for a full syringe as the remainder will need to be discarded 

Juvederm Lips

0.5ml in your top lip would likely be enough based on your photograph.  You can wait two weeks after the treatment and always add more if needed.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Juvederm to Lips

Based on the pictures presented, starting with 0.5ml is appropriate.  You can always go back for additional fillers if you desire more to achieve a result that is natural and in harmony with the rest of your features.

Paul Nazemi, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Ideally you want the bottom lip to be 30% fuller than the top lip. That being said, you do have some room in your upper lip to fill for a fuller look without becoming unbalanced. Starting with 0.5ml to the top lip would be a good start to achieve a subtle fuller look of the lips.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Conservative Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Based on your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a conservative lip augmentation with a small amount of a dermal filler such as Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Lip filler

Hello, and thanks for your questions and photos. Ideally, your lower lip should be about 30% larger than your upper lip, but your lower lip is larger than that by proportion. I do think you'd benefit more from volume in your upper lip to help improve the balance. I think about 0.5 cc would be a reasonable place to start, but you may find you want a bit more than that. I recommend seeing a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Fillers

Thank you for you inquiry and for providing photos. I normally inject my lip augmentation patients slowly and ask how they like the look in between injections. Once they are happy i stop injecting. If you only use half the syringe, we will keep it for you for one year. I normally will use the remainder of the product for your touch ups. Please be sure to always consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for best results. You are always welcome in Montreal, Regards

How much juvederm does it take to treat a lip

The patient shouldn't have to be the one deciding how much juvederm is the right amount.  That is the job of your physician.  You need to have a discussion with your physician about 1) what your goal is for your appearance, 2) is that a realistic goal (lip size and shape is going to be limited by what you were born with anatomically) 3) how much filler and which filler will get you to the appearance your want and 4) if you don't need a full 1ml syringe or a complete 0.5ml syringe (assuming the product being used comes in 1/2 size), is there someplace else on your face that the remaining filler can be used.  Sometimes it is more cost effective for the patient to have the physician use more for a full face approach in one visit than doing sections with smaller amounts on different visits.I hope this answer was helpful. Best wishes!

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD