Estimate on Labiaplasty and Vaginal Rejuvenation? Also Can IUD Be in During This Procedure or Not? (photo)

Price for combination labiaplasty and vaginoplasty

I frequently perform Labiapalsty (labia minora reduction) and Vaginoplasty (vaginal tightening) together. They work quite well together as the labia reduction helps to tighten the vagina. The cost including anesthesia and facility fee and all follow-up care is around $7900. I do not recommend getting an IUD at the same time. You should probably have the IUD placed at least 2-3 months in advance to make sure that you are not having any problems with it prior to any other surgical procedure in that region.

All my best,

Daniel A. Medalie, MD

Vaginal Rejuvenation, Labiaplasty and an IUD

Vaginal Rejuvenation and Labiaplasty are often combined into one surgical package for patients. As a woman ages and has vaginal deliveries, it can cause the skin to hang and sag a little bit. Our vaginas age just like any other organ in the body. From your complaint and photos, it looks and sounds as if you'd be a great candidate for both procedures, just as you suspected.

The most aggressive way to treat vaginal looseness and labial sagging and aesthetic dissatisfaction would be surgery. Vaginal rejuvenation and labiaplasty together typically takes about 2-3 hours. Patients typically choose to be as tight as they were after loosing their virginity but before they had their first vaginal delivery. The specifics of your surgical plan can be discussed with your surgeon. The most important thing when choosing a surgeon is finding a cosmetic vaginal surgeon who is board certified and has extensive experience. Make sure you visit their before and after photos and read testimonials or speak with a personal testimonial.

Typical pricing for vaginal rejuvenation is between $8,000 and $10,000 as an all-inclusive fee including surgeon's fee, facility fee, anesthesia and all pre- and post-operative care with your physician. Labiaplasty typically ranges between $6,000 and $8,000 as an all inclusive fee as well. At my practice, we offer a 50% discount on surgeon's fee for all secondary procedures. That makes the range for a combination of labiaplasty and vaginal rejuvenation between $10,000 and $14,000. Of course, pricing will vary depending on length of the case, expertise and credentials of your surgeon and demand.

We have had many patients opt to have an IUD placed while under anesthesia and this won't effect surgery at all. In fact, why not save the pain felt from the removal and insertion and have it done while under the effect of anesthesia? The pricing on IUD will depend on the practice and your insurance (if you have it) along with the type of IUD chosen.

Combined Vaginal Rejuvenation and Labiaplasty

These are the two most popular procedures in cosmetic gynecology and they are frequently done in combination. The IUD presents no issue with the procedure and does not need to be removed. Expect to be back to a desk job in 2-3 days and back to your sex life in 6-8 weeks. Anesthesia can be local, IV sedation (twilight), or general. The choice depends upon your anxiety level and anticipated complexity of the vaginoplasty component of the procedure, but I frequently do them under local +/- sedation.

Labiaplasty and Vaginoplasty at Same Time?

Both procedures can be performed with an IUD in place, and the fee is $3000 for labiaplasty and $5000 for vaginoplasty.

Prices for Labiaplasty vary from surgery to surgery and city to city.  I would suggest making an appointment for a consultation with a local plastic surgeon.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD