Is This Bulge Normal (Tummy Tuck)? (photo)

I am only 3 weeks post op from a Fleur De Lis TT w/ muscle repair after massive weight loss. 7 days in, I coughed whilst sleeping & felt a pop. I was sore the next day (nothing major). As I gained the courage to look at my new tummy in the mirror, I noticed that it has that 'pregnant' look to it. As you look at the photo you can see that it appears to be a little rounded and not flat like I had hoped. From what you can see, is this swelling or has the muscle repair been compromised?

Abdominal bulge

At three weeks out you are still swollen. Your surgeon can tell after examining you whether there is a problem with the muscle, a collection of fluid or just normal swelling. After three months you will be closer to the final appearance. Not everyone can have a "flat" abdomen because of stored fat inside the abdominal cavity. Again, your surgeon can advise you on this.

Abdominal bulge

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Is This Bulge Normal

Hard to answer based upon these photos alone. 

In addition to the two possibilities you suggest is another--that the intra-abdominal volume was too great to allow for a flat abdomen. Those contents cannot be compressed much. 

The distinction between those possibilities will have to be made in your surgeon's office--it can't be solved over the internet. 

All the best. 

Is This Bulge Normal

All the best.