Will I need an uplift or can I just have implants (photo)

I have lost 7 stone and had a tummy tuck I have loose skin around my breasts and don't fill the cup or if a go a smaller cup I over hang in them and always falling out of bras so I am looking at getting implants to fill them.

Breast lift or just implants

Thank you for your question about a tummy tuck.

• Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • After your weight loss, you definitely need a lift to remove the excess skin
  • implants alone will not give you an acceptable result.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Breast Lift with Implants

Hi Chez,
WTG on losing your weight. Most patients who have lost a good deal of weight need a breast lift with a lollipop design, or something like that.  Please put an index card in your breast fold. If your nipple is at the edge of the card or below, then you would be a candidate for a lift, either a vertical or anchor or areolar incision. If your nipple is above the edge, you could be a candidate for an internal lift called the dual plane.Please see the web reference and video reference below. All the best, “Dr. Joe”

Breast lift and implants

Unfortunately, implants do not lift the breast. Implants provide more volume but do not lift the breast to any significant degree.

Breast lift without implants

Congratulations on our weight loss. You would be a good candidate for a breast lift using your own tissue to augment the breasts, rather than using implants. This procedure was pioneered at the University of Pittsburgh. You should consider a dermal suspension parenchymal reshaping mastopexy. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in massive weight loss breasts. Good luck!

Jeffrey Gusenoff, MD
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Recommendations

Given your photo you would benefit from a combined lift/augmentation. I don't think you will be able to achieve a satisfactory result without having a lift. 

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Lift and implants

Thank you for your question and photo.  It appears that you need a breast lift along with implants to give yourself added volume.  

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Lift or implants

Thank you for your question and for providing photos.  You need a breast lift and would probably require a breast lift with implants for optimal results.  Implants alone will not improve the appearance of your breasts.  You have significant degree of ptosis or droop.  

Will I need an uplift or can I just have implants

I think that for the best cosmetic result that a lift should be added to the implant. If not the nipple swill be too low and you will look more saggy

Julio Garcia, MD

Do you need a lift?

From your photographs, it seems clear that you need a breast lift along with your augmentation. In fact, you would probably not be a candidate for just an augmentation. You should see a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your different options.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Lift vs aug

Simply put if your nipple is well below your inframammary fold you need a lift and judging from your photos I think you will need a lift.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon