Are my scars normal? (photos)

5 weeks post op 375cc under the muscle Are my scars healing as they should

Healing Breast Augmentation Scars

Your scars appear to be healing normally. (You may have a suture tail that has protruded through the skin in the corner of each scar.) You can discuss your healing with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and whether they recommend topical silicone sheets or film, or hydrocortisone cream.

Remember that scars mature over an entire year. I expect, with time, that your scars will continue to improve.

I hope this helps. Best of luck!

Troy Plastic Surgeon

Scars healing after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Your incisions do appear to be normal in the pictures.  I would recommend a silicone based scar therapy to help with minimizing scarring.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Scars

Yes your scars look appropriate for 5 weeks postop. You should keep in touch with your PS as each PS has preferences for massage and the use of silicone postop.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Post op healing breast augmentation

Hello

Thank you for your question and pictures. You are still in the infancy of your recovery. Try to be patient and give your body the time it needs to heal. Based on your pictures I do not see anything that is concerning. 

Best regards

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Are my scars normal?

Thank you for your question and your photos. For 5 weeks post op, your scars appear to be normal. However you can discuss options for long term scar treatment to have the most minimal scarring like topical scar sheeting, silicone scar strips, hydrocortizone cream with your board-certified plastic surgeon to promote the best possible final appearance of the incisions. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi. An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the
best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Scars

Yes, these scars seem to be healing well.  The corner is a little wider but overall ok.  Thanks for your question.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Scars

The scars appear to be healing well based upon what I see in the photos. Best of luck with your results.

Scar Management

Best Scar Management is important to minimize or completely hide from view, the telltale signs of your surgery—namely, scars. Both you and your surgeon want you to have the most minimal scarring possible. There are many possible causes for scars that are enlarged or not healing well. Unsightly scars are most commonly due to genetics, underlying medical conditions, or improper scar/wound care. The last part is very important and patients can make a noticeable difference in their scars’ appearance by following best scar management practices.

I have attached a link to help you with scar management. 

Scars

Thank you for your question. Your scars appear normal for 5 weeks out. I agree with the comment made previously regarding the importance of scar recovery cream. 

Best wishes
Theodore T. Nyame

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Are my scars normal?

For 5 weeks post op, your scars appear normal.  Be certain to discuss options for long term scar treatment (topical scar sheeting, hydrocortizone cream and moisturizers) with your surgeon.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon