4 days post-op, breast augmentation with lift: I didn't take it easy. Have I ruined my recovery? (photos)

I spent my first few days of recovery by myself and therefore had to fix my pillows, go toilet, make hot drinks, get dressed by myself, turning light switches on etc. I also went and bought a few snacks alone. Although these arent strenuous I do remember it being painful. I didn't wash(dr orders) & besides what I mentioned, I stayed in bed and slept ALOT. Have I ruined my recovery by not taking it as easy as I should have? Does this affect your final breast position? Or give you higher risks for infection?

Have I ruined my recovery?

Thank you for your question and photos!  If you are concerned at all or notice anything concerning , I would see your surgeon but based on what you have described and your photos it does not seem like you have created any complications.  Best of luck in your recovery!

Dr. Tag

Activity levels

From your description of your activity levels compared to my patients, I would say you have done much less than the average patient. I would not expect that anything deliterious to take place secondary to what you describe. Your postoperative photographs at four days post surgery look exactly as expected with the implants slightly higher than the middle of the breast. sa the implant settles, and the bottom portion of the breasts rounds out, the breasts will take on a more pleasing shape. Congratulations on your surgery. Best of luck with your recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

4 days post-op, breast augmentation with lift: I didn't take it as easy as I could have. Have I ruined my recovery?

Based on the information provided, it is not likely that anything was damaged or ruined. Follow your surgeons instructions on activity. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation: I didn't take it easy. Did I ruin my recovery?

It does not appear your activities have ruined your recovery. These activities should not affect the final breast position or give you a higher risk of infection. On the third day after surgery, I allow my patients to transfer their children to a high chair, car seat and crib with no resultant problems. It takes months for the breasts to shape and settle into their final position. You will have a better idea of your final result at that time. When concerned about your post-operative recovery, you should always be in communication with your surgeon. Hope this is reassuring and good luck. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Early post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

Its too early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Recovery and surgery

While I do not want my patients to be too active, I also do not want the opposite where they lie in bed all day and not move around. Best to follow your surgeon's instructions.