Had FUE on 01/09/16 (10 days ago) in Turkey. Was advised to wash my hair with shampoo today but whilst washing my hair fell out?

The clinic i got the transplant through gave me instructions to wash via a shampoo. From my recipient area today whilst washing scabs were falling and the transplanted hair. Is this normal? Or should I leave the scabs?

Post op care from Turkey

I can't comment on what you were told. An FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is not clear what you are experiencing. Scabs should fall out and some hairs will shed. If you are concerned.

It is not clear what you are experiencing.  Scabs should fall out and some hairs will shed.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon