Will my breast implants ever even out?

Hi there. I had breast augmentation 2 weeks ago. I am really unhappy with the results. My surgeon suggested that I had allergen silicone implants- 285cc in the right and 255cc in the left due to asymmetry. I never noticed that my breasts were asymmetrical before my surgeon pointed it out but I trusted his judgement. Now 2 weeks later the right breast is noticeably larger than the left. Will this improve? I don't think two different sizes with 30cc difference was needed from the start!

Will my breast implants ever even out?

I know it's difficult but try to be patient.  At just 2 weeks post-op, it's common to experience asymmetries such as yours.  Our bodies heal at different rates so it's normal for one breast to heal quicker than the other.  No breast is perfectly symmetrical but it's up the you and your surgeon to decide if the difference is worth chasing after.  Keep an eye on it, continue with your post-op instructions and your follow up visits with your surgeon.  Although difficult when you are emotional, try to remember that you chose your surgeon for a reason and trust yourself.  Good luck. ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

It's very early days since your augmentation.  It is quite likely that everything will settle down and you won't notice any significant asymmetry.  It is quite common, even when using the same sized implants, to have 2 breasts that look different in size in the immediate post operative period.  Each breast may just have different amounts of swelling.  Try not to worry or obsess too much & follow your doctor's advice, I'm sure everything will work out for the best.  Kind regards

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry

Don't panic 2 weeks after surgery - things change soooo much!  It is really hard for patients to get used to the opposite breast being bigger even if the asymmetry is closer than before.   I usually recommend the same size implant if the patients don't recognize their asymmetry ahead of time - for that reason.  That being said, let's wait and see how things develop over the next 3 months before you decide if it's great or not.  Best of luck!

Symmetry concerns

At two weeks post surgery it is too early to determine how the breasts will settle.  It will take months for the swelling to subside and the breasts to look and feel more natural.  You'll notice many changes in the first 6 weeks alone and you are only 1/3 of the way through that time frame. The best thing to do is to try to be patient and continue to follow the post operative instructions from your surgeon.  Be sure to keep follow up appointments so that the surgeon can note your progress and modify instructions as necessary. Good luck.

Camille Cash, MD

Wait a few weeks

Two weeks is really too early to tell yet.  There could be more edema or swelling or even blood on the right side which would make it seem larger than the left.  If you were in my office I would advise you to wait 2-3 months for all of the swelling to decrease and for the skin, muscle, and breast tissue to stretch out.  Your look at that time will be quite different from how it is right now!

Allen M. Doezie, MD

Post Operative Asymmetries

Hello!

First off, it is very common for patients to have concerns like yours immediately post-op. I would encourage you to discuss this with your surgeon but please know that what you are experiencing is completely normal.  I tell my patients to not "judge" things for about 6 to 8 weeks.  That is when your implants will be in proper position and swelling will be at a minimum.  Good luck!  

Scot Martin, MD
Las Cruces Plastic Surgeon