Botox refund?

Hi Recently had Botox which went well at first but forehead movement returned within weeks. Had various top ups and then another full session which had good effect on eyes and frown lines but forehead is still the same. Am I entitled to a refund? They say it may be due to metabolizing quicker than most?!?

Botox and results/refund

you are paying for the expertise of the phyisican, their time, and the product.  If the product didnt work on you then I suggest a different option but the treatment was performed and seems like they tried to see if more dosing would help (and did all they could to make you happy which is good).  Best, dr. Emer.

Botox and Metabolism

Different patients metabolize Botox at different rates.  I would return and ask to try a different neuromoluator like Dysport for your injections.  It is best to consult a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Refund?

Everyone has a different metabolism. Different products also metabolize differently in different people.

I would recommend trying another product--choices are: Botox (Allergan), Dysport, and Xeomin.

Best.

Kirk Moore, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Botox refund

Everyone responds and metabolizes Botox differently.  I would speak to your injector directly to see what your options are. They may be willing to give you a touch up or possibly try a different agent such as Xeomin.

Justin B. Maxhimer, MD
Boulder General Surgeon

Botox - want a refund because of short duration

Thank you for asking about your Botox.

• Botox results vary - and an occasional person does not respond at all.
  • In some people it lasts a very short time, apparently because of very fast nerve ending re-growth.
  • This is not something that can be tested beforehand and it is very uncommon.
  • Although office policies vary, because the problem is not the outcome of your doctor's error, it is unlikely you will be offered a refund.
  • Check the written office refund policy however to be sure.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Botox refund?

Botox can vary in duration from patient to patient. Sadly, this will not automatically make you entitle to a refund from your physician.

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox not lasting

Botox duration varies significantly from person to person and based upon dosages and technique.  If the forehead is the only area not responding, it may be technique or dose related issue; or it may be that you have certain characteristics that would be worsened by higher dosages in the forehead (such a brow laxity / droop).  There are patients who metabolize botox more quickly.  Sometimes with higher dosages an repeated injection, these patient can achieve slightly longer results.  In general, inadequate duration isn't usually cause for a refund.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox metabollsm

It is difficult to assess whether you metabolized Botox rapidly or if, for those forehead areas, a different approach including fillers would have been more efficacious.  I do not think you would be entitled to a refund but possibly the practice will offer additional treatment at a reduced rate.

Botox refund...

Thank you for your question.  There are multiple factors at play here, if it is just a touch-up most physicians will not charge.  If it is an additional full course of treatment you are likely to be charged again.  That said if the Botox worked, but you just metabolized it quicker than the 3 months it is expected to last, then I wouldn't think you would be entitled to a refund.  You may try another product like Dysport or Xeomin next time and see what you are results are with those products instead.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox refund? = unlikely and it depends on your doctor's cosmetic treatment policy

Sometimes Botox treatment results are not satisfactory and touch up may be required.

Botox result, for being an elective non-medically necessary cosmetic treatment are not 100% guaranteed. Botox treatments like any other cosmetic procedure is NOT the same like buying a TV in BestBuy where iif you don't like it, you just return it and get the money back". There are multiple factors that could affect the result of Botox treatments. Even in the hands of the a specialist in Botox applications, all the patients won't be perfect all the times since treatments is from a human (doctor) to a human (patient), both unable to be "perfect" all the time. Medicine doesn't work as a TV factory or a retail store.

In my practice, I advice my patients that if by any chance their Botox treatment is not-satisfactory, they should return for a follow up visit and get a touch up. The cost of the touch up depending on the doctor's Botox treatment policy.

John Mesa, MD