Do I need a breast lift or implants? (Photo)

I want to get breast implants to achieve a fuller breast, at a surgeon consultation 2 years ago he refused to give implants without a lift but I don't want that. I'm not concerned about them being particularly perky, the position of them how they are now doesn't concern me I just want them to be bigger. In your opinion is this possible?

Implants or lift

Great, and very common, question about whether to perform lift, implants or both. I don't believe that your case is so severe that you couldn't "only" have breast augmentation. I would, however, counsel you that a lift with implant would likely be your best long-term option given your breast type. It is your choice in the end.

Little Rock Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 400 will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast lift or implants?

You would probably be able to achieve what you want with implants alone, but their weight will speed up the rate at which your breasts sag. You may notice that your breasts become even saggier than they are now too soon, and you may become dissatisfied with their appearance, making a lift inevitable in the (possibly near) future.

Options

Think of a surgery is always something important I think it would be great if you had implants plus a lift because it would be a beautiful addition to your beauty and results you would be able to enjoy for long.
The implants so they can look like you expect will be much better if they go hand in hand in an uprising.
Good luck in your decision

Alejandro L. Gaxiola, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Your choice

You can probably do without performing breast lift, depending on what your goals are.  The best thing to do is have the plastic surgeon show you before/after photos of cases similar to yours where a lift was performed and where there was implants only placed; make sure the photos show three views from each patient.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Implants

Yes, you can just add implants to your breasts.  They may need a slight lift, but this can always be done secondarily if you are not sure you want it.

It is possible

Breasts can be made as big as someone wants. However that is not the best way to do it.  Large implant cause irreversible negative effects. It is your body. Treat it with respect and kindness. Do no surgery. Wear support bra.  Your breast size is adequate for your body proportions.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast augmentation alone or with lift?

Thank you for your question. You don´t seem to have much ptosis, which means that if you opt for breast implants alone, they themselves can be used to restore volume in deflated breasts, and provide a lifting. This is a great approach in the right patient, and keeps scarring off of the front of the breast which I usually prefer. The implant will increase fullness and fill the skin envelope. Correct placement will also provide a few centimeters of lift, which is all many patients need for things to look perfect. All of this depends on your body and presentation in conjunction with the look you hope to achieve. It's best to have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Breast augmentation

Its important to measure the width of your breast to determine which implant you need. There are four different profiles of round silicone implants. They are moderate, moderate classic, high and ultra high profiles.

Since you  droop and you do not want a lift you may want a memory shape (i.e. Gummy bear, anatomic). This will give a better lift to your breast in my opinion. 

I use use the bloodless breast technique which I invented. Bleeding is minimal, typically there is no bruising after surgery, and recovery is a lot quicker versus traditional technique .

I hope you find this information helpful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

No Breast Lift

If you are satisfied with where you breasts sit on your chest, then there is no need for a breast lift.  I would recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board certified Plastic Surgeon whom you feel comfortable with.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Miami Beach and Beverly Hills Trained Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon