8 days post-op, breast augmentation. Asymmetrical incisions have created asymmetrical folds. Is this normal? (photo)

One of my insicions underneath my breast isn't as hidden or in the crease as much as the other breast. It makes the insicion look lower when in fact it's just not in the fold. My fold on that side is almost non existent. Is this anything to worry about?

Breast incisions are asymmetrical 8 days postop.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I can understand your concerns but at 8 days after surgery your breasts will undergo significant changes as the volume within the implants drops and the overlying skin and incisions relax.  I would allow your results more time to mature before assessing residual asymmetries.  Hope this helps.

Post-op

You are too early post-op to see the final results. I would give it 4-6 months minimum.  Remember no two breasts start out exactly the same and neither do they after surgery.

Asymmetric incisions

Your breasts look normal for as early post op as you are.  The implants will settle and the scar will change as your healing continues. I wouldn't worry about the scars this early 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy implant

Thanks fro you question. It would appear that you have had breast implants with a lift. In this scenario everything will change dramatically over the next 6 weeks and the scars will soften and the implants drop. There is nothing to worry about at the moment but you need to keep in contact with your PS. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry can be normal this soon.

It’s not uncommon for breasts to look asymmetrical both in shape and position immediately after breast augmentation. Each breast and incision heals at its own speed and one breast implant may start softening and settling before the other one. It can take up to 6 months for your body to adjust and allow both breast implants to slip into the pocket your plastic surgeon created. Keep an eye on your breasts for the next couple months. If they are still asymmetrical or there’s a problem with your breast fold, you may want to follow up with your plastic surgeon then.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Incision Placement

Thank you for your question and photos. I recommend that you discuss your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon and re-evaluate as you heal because the breasts will continue to settle and soften,

All the best

Jerome Edelstein, MD