Vanquish Vs. Exilis: What's the Difference?

BTL makes both Exilis and Vanquish. What's the difference between these two treatments and how would a person know which one's right for them?

Vanquish vs Exilis

Both devices are sold by BTL Aesthetics and use radio frequency technology.  I consider Vanquish a malt melter for larger areas of the body such as abdomen, hips, back, buttocks and Vanquish Flex for thighs, knees, and upper arms.  I consider Exilis a skin tightener that melts a little fat - good for the neck, laxity of the abdomen in a thinner person.  I am happy to offer both procedures in my practice

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Vanquish and Exilis both utilize radiofrequency energy.

There are many devices available on the market now for non-surgical/non-invasive facial rejuvenation and body contouring.  In our office, we utilize many of these devices including Ultherapy, Exilis Elite, Vanquish, VelaShape III, and CoolSculpting.  All of these devices provide nice results.  For body contouring, we utilize our Exilis Elite for skin tightening as well as localized body contouring, CoolSculpting for localized body contouring, and Vanquish for diffuse truncal fat reduction.  Exilis Elite and Vanquish utilize radiofrequency energy to achieve its results.  Exilis is more localized to where the handpiece is while Vanquish creates a wide field or blanket of energy and heat.

Sanjay Grover, MD

Vanquish vs Exilis

Both Vanquish ME and Exilis are terrific devices made by the BTL. There is some overlap between them. They both use a form of energy called radiofrequency and both require multiple treatments for optimal results.

Vanquish ME is a no contact, pain free, no downtime procedure designed to primary burn fat in large areas of the body such as abdomen, love handles, lower back, bra area and thighs. There is a small amount of skin tightening.

Exilis is primarily a skin tightening treatment that can be used on any part of the body, including private areas. The most requested areas in my practice are eyelids, neck, and lower face to address jowls. There is a small amount of fat burning as well. I will use Vanquish ME and Exilis as a combined treatment as part of our Mommy Makeover to burn fat and tighten skin after delivery. At times, I will combine Exilis with our Cellutone treatment to address areas of cellulite.

To find out which treatment is best for you, I would suggest scheduling a consultation so that a customized treatment plan can be designed for you to best suit your needs.

Peterson Pierre, MD
Thousand Oaks Dermatologist

What's the difference between the BTL Vanquish and the BTL Exilis?

BTL Vanquish and Exilis are radiofrequency devices that differ in their intended use.  Vanquish targets deeper layers of fat and is meant to achieve circumferential reduction of fat to decrease not only waistlines, but arms, and legs as well.  Vanquish ME is the most up to date and effective version of Vanquish technology.

The Exilis can be used to target superficial fat at certain settings, but it shines brightest in targeting dermal collagen to induce skin tightening of virtually any part of the skin; this can be used to treat skin laxity of areas like the abdomen, back, arms, legs, neck, and face.  It is even used for vaginal rejuvenation!  Exilis Ultra is the newest version of the Exilis device that augments radiofrequency with ultrasound energy to make treatments even more effective.

Since fat reduction treatments generally do not improve the skin laxity that comes with weight gain, we recommend a combination of Vanquish ME and Exilis Ultra to achieve the greatest improvements in fat reduction and skin tightening.

Narin (Joe) Apisarnthanarax, MD
Houston Dermatologist

The Difference Between Vanquish and Exilis

Here are a few differences between Vanquish and Exilis:

Vanquish uses radio-frequency energy for large areas. Vanquish is best for the abdomen. New applicators are being developed for other trouble areas

Exilis also uses radio-frequency, but is more targeted and can also help some with skin tightening. Exilis works great on the neck and jowls. 

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Vanquish or Exilis

thank you for your question. Vanquish is one of the best noninvasive fat reduction devices on the market and painlessly melts fat from the waist and flanks simultaneously. Our San Diego clients are very pleased. Ideal candidates have isolated areas of fat excess and no pacemaker or implanted metal devices. Consult with an experienced Vanquish provider to see if you are a candidate. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vanquish vs Exilis

Hi,
Both devices are made by BTL Aesthetics.  We have both the Exilis Elite and the Vanquish.  The difference between them in terms of the treatment is that the Exilis requires contact with the skin and the radiofrequency is better for skin tightening.  The Vanquish has no contact with the skin and is most effective for fat reduction.  You can combine both of them but probably not on the same day.

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Vanquish versus exilis

Both Vanquish and exilis use radiofrequency energy but the delivery methods are different. For exilis, the energy is delivered through a handpiece that is moved over the skin in a rapid circular motion, heating skin and fat/deep tissue. I like this for tightening, toning, and for reduction of small areas of fat (small outer or inner thighs, small pockets of fat on the belly, backs of the arms).

Vanquish creates a different energy field that more specifically targets fat and not skin. It also treats a larger area - abdomen and flanks in same session for example - and this can give better circumferential reduction. Vanquish will not tighten and tone like Exilis.

Elizabeth F. Rostan, MD
Charlotte Dermatologist

Vanquish vs Exilis - Differences Explained

Vanquish and Exilis are based off the same technology - radiofrequency - and are made by the same company, BTL.

Exilis is FDA-approved for skin tightening. It is used with a hand-held applicator to treat areas of skin laxity on the neck and body including the jawline and under the chin, abdomen, knees, hips, and other areas where skin might be loose. In some areas, such as the abdomen, reduction in circumference may also occur. Exilis creates heat in the tissue, and should feel warm not hot. The Exilis procedure, depending on the area of treatment, takes around 15-45 minutes to complete and is done as a series of treatments monthly, usually 2-4 sessions total. The treatment consists of the handpiece being swirled around in a continuous motion in the treatment area. There is no downtime.

Vanquish is FDA-approved for deep tissue heating that results in fat reduction. It is specifically tuned to target and heat only the fat layer, resulting in fat elimination in the area of treatment. It has an extremely large treatment "spot" size, such that the abdomen and sides of the waist (flanks) can be treated together during a 30 minute procedure. Typically 4-6 sessions are performed on a weekly basis. In a large clinical study of several hundred patients, patients lost on average 2 1/4 inches off their waistline. There is no pain with treatment, it feels like a warm blanket. There is no downtime.

Melanie D. Palm, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Vanquish vs. Exilis

Vanquish is a much faster and effective procedure for larger surface areas such as abdomen, and back. The Exilis treatment hand is designed for small areas. Both devices use radio frequency and are made by BTL.

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon