One year post Rhinoplasty op, trouble breathing & nose looks deformed. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had an open rhinoplasty 1 year ago and I've had trouble breathing and have had to breathe through my mouth ever since. I get very little air through my nose holes, unless I pull the sides of my nose away and upward then the air passage opens up a little better. My nose also looks deformed, it's not at all how I envisioned it to be. Can you please let me know what kind of deformity do I have? All photos are after the operation with the exception of the one that says "before."

Depends on what you were looking for...

You have some irregularities, yes, but what precisely do you complain about? For example, I notice that the tip of your nose seems to droop, and maybe elevating the tip at the same time as addressing the asymmetries would make your much happier.

Can you define better *how* you would change your nose to make it more to your liking?

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal deformity

Thanks for your question. Your photos clearly show that you have a significant inverted V deformity and mid vault collapse and you will get a great result with a major revisional rhinoplasty with the addition of spreader grafts and repeat osteotomies with an open technique and an experienced surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

Thank you very much for posting so many good pictures.

I can understand your discomfort and I am sorry about this.

Starting from the upper edge: The bone has what we call "inverted V deformity" as you can see the edges against the skin.

The sidewalls of the bridge and the tip of the nose are collapsed and probably this is the reason why you do not breath well. The septum instead is still a bit prominent on the bridge and probably could be reduced.

The revision surgery will require osteotomies, cartilage grafts and possibly some shape improvements if you wish.

I would recommend to seek more than one opinion and ask your surgeons to show you plenty of before and after pictures.

I wish you the best of luck,

Stefano Cotrufo, MD, PhD
London Plastic Surgeon