Weird swelling on top of nostrils after rhinoplasty cast removal? (Photos)

Hi! I've had a rhinoplasty about 2 months ago, and after cast was off, there was some minor swelling on the tip, but nostrils shape was great. In about a week after some weird lumps started forming on top of nostrils, and those are a bit hard to touch. I tried searching, but couldn't find anyone with the same problem. Can anyone explain me what it could be and it will disappear with time? Thank you!

I am concerned looking at these photos although I need to see a view from below also and a view of your nose before surgery. If the swelling is hard then it is not just swelling but a cartilage deformity which may not you must see your surgeon soon to confirm

Lumps and Bumps after Rhinoplasty

Based on your description and photos, it is difficult to know exactly what is going on.  I would recommend you contact your surgeon and go in for an evaluation.  Nothing beats an in-person exam of your nose.  Your surgeon should be able to guide you on what the bumps could be and the best way to get rid of them. It is also important to see your surgeon to ensure there is nothing more urgent that needs attention. Remember that some lingering swelling on the nose can persist for several weeks to months after your surgery.  Six to 12 months are needed for a nose to completely heal.  Best of luck!

Kyle T. Yamamoto, MD
Reno Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 months post rhinoplasty

Thank you for your questions.  Share your concerns with your surgeon, you should feel comfortable discussing your concerns with your surgeon. However understand that it takes 6-9 months for the nose to completely heal following surgery.  It's important to reserve judgement until the majority of the swelling has resolved. Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon