Weight loss before a Brazilian butt lift.

I'm due to get a Brazilian Butt lift in a few weeks, I have recently put on some weight (10lbs) bringing my weight to 167lbs. To get a better end effect would it be beneficial to lose that weight before I have the surgery

Your surgeon should evaluate the change in weight and make recommendations accordingly.  In general, 10 lbs weight gain is not significant but it depends on other factors such as your height.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Weight gain Brazilian butt lift

An important question. The best time to perform a bbl is when you are at your goal weight. If a person gains weight after the procedure it will alter the optimal contours of the result. If a person loses weight after the procedure, there will be volume loss in the buttocks. 10 pounds is not a dramatic amount of weight change and in most cases won't substantially alter the surgical result. 

Dr. Jan

Badar Jan, MD
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

BBL

A 10lb weight gain should be fine, but you may want to schedule an appointment with your surgeon so they can reevaluate you before surgery since there has been a change in your weight. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

I think this is a better question for your PS. I personally don't mind a 10b weight gain in my  BBL patients.