Been wanting to do rhinoplasty for many years now; I would like my nose much smaller and pointy? (Photos)

I would like my nose much smaller and pointy , it's kind of hard to describe , I really hate my nose but at the same time scared to get it done just incase I don't like the finishing look I understand it's more difficult to do it on an African American but I'm still feeling quite optimistic about it. I just wish I new the right doctor to go to.

Open rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Take comfort knowing that many patients share your hesitancy for surgery. It is always helpful when patients have the chance to read patient testimonials, view before/after photos and discuss facial plastics with their colleagues, friends and families. In terms of selecting a surgeon, please consider only single or double board certified facial plastic surgeons. Pay close attention to their years of experiencing, training/education, number of surgeries performed per year, number of rhinoplasties performed per year, patient testimonials, and patient before/after photos. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a few board certified facial plastic surgeons. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

African-American rhinoplasty?

you can have a very good results for what you want if you see an experienced surgeon who can show you many examples of AA noses he has done that are natural and that you like.