Waiting to be referred to Plastics for Skin Graft on very large open wounds are there any other cases like this please? (photos)

I had Breast Reduction Surgery, was 36JJ, Told the skin had died and had to be removed. Now waiting to be referred to Plastic surgeons for possible Skin Grafts. I would really like to hear from anyone who has seen or been through this. I have to go to hospital every other day to have dressings changed at the minute, don't know how long this is going to take to heal.

Large wounds after breast reduction surgery…

I am very sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced. Fortunately, these types of complications (very large wounds) are unusual but once appropriately treated will result in a much better outcome than you may be imagining.   You will find that  treatment recommendations will vary from one plastic surgeon to another. Options may include further tissue reduction and direct closure, the use of dressing changes and or vacuum device (this might be my first recommendation), the use of skin grafts… Again, with good care (including good judgment and skillful execution of any additional procedures), you should end up with an outcome that you will ( hopefully) be pleased with.  Depending on which treatment plan is decided upon,  additional surgery (for example scar revision surgery) may be beneficial longer-term. Best wishes.