Voluma disappearing too quickly from a scar at the back of my head, stronger filler needed? (Photo)

got a surgery scar which i have had subcicion on and 7 voluma fillers injected into within the last 2 year. The voluma looks great and plumps up the scar and is almost 100% hidden but it keeps disappearing within a few month each time and the scar becomes noticeable again, would belafill be a better option for me as it is stronger and lasts longer?, being from uk no doctor will inject belafill. so i will more than likely have to find a doctor from the usa and travel to fix them more permanently

Voluma not working for scar

I am sorry to hear that the Voluma isn't working for your scar. Yes, it seems that you would be better served with a more permanent filler. Either wait for Bellafill to become available in the UK or schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon stateside. It will probably take more than one treatment, however, so keep that in mind when planning your trip.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Scar improvement that is long lasting - Bellafill

I would use Bellafill for this. You will need about 2 treatments to get the long lasting results. HA filler lasts a year or less for this.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Voluma

Thank you for your question. Based on the single photo you posted, it seems like the permanent filler may work best to conceal your scar. I suggest that you discuss the results of the Voluma with your board certified facial plastic surgeon and create a treatment plan for the permanent filler. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma disappearing too quickly from a scar at the back of my head, stronger filler needed?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Though you may be able to use one of the more semipermanent fillers you may want to consider fat grafting to the area for a more permanent solution.  Best to see an ASPS plastic surgeon in order to maximize your results.  Best wishes.