Voluma disappearing too quickly from a scar at the back of my head, stronger filler needed? (Photo)

got a surgery scar which i have had subcicion on and 7 voluma fillers injected into within the last 2 year. The voluma looks great and plumps up the scar and is almost 100% hidden but it keeps disappearing within a few month each time and the scar becomes noticeable again, would belafill be a better option for me as it is stronger and lasts longer?, being from uk no doctor will inject belafill. so i will more than likely have to find a doctor from the usa and travel to fix them more permanently

Doctor Answers 4

Voluma not working for scar

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I am sorry to hear that the Voluma isn't working for your scar. Yes, it seems that you would be better served with a more permanent filler. Either wait for Bellafill to become available in the UK or schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon stateside. It will probably take more than one treatment, however, so keep that in mind when planning your trip.


Kouros Azar

Scar improvement that is long lasting - Bellafill

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would use Bellafill for this. You will need about 2 treatments to get the long lasting results. HA filler lasts a year or less for this.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 52 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. Based on the single photo you posted, it seems like the permanent filler may work best to conceal your scar. I suggest that you discuss the results of the Voluma with your board certified facial plastic surgeon and create a treatment plan for the permanent filler. 

Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 123 reviews

Voluma disappearing too quickly from a scar at the back of my head, stronger filler needed?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Though you may be able to use one of the more semipermanent fillers you may want to consider fat grafting to the area for a more permanent solution.  Best to see an ASPS plastic surgeon in order to maximize your results.  Best wishes.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.