Would vaser lipo work? If I had surgery, would I require a full or mini tummy tuck? Should I lose more weight first? (Photo)

I lost 92 Ib in weight last year following massive weight gain. I now exercise for 2-5 hours a day, a mixture of heavy weight training as I want to go into bodybuilding, plus cardio. I have colitis and on Vedolizimub infusions so do not want anything too invasive around that area. Do I still need to lose fat before considering a procedure? I weigh 108 Ib, am 5ft 2" tall and 22% body fat. I can grab fat but have strong core muscles. Would vaser help get rid of the skin as well as fat?

#Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture/ #Liposuction/#Body Contouring with Fat Grafting/ #BBL

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring -- FEMALE HI DEF CONTOURING

I suggest a formal consultation this seems like you can do a full hi def procedure with success.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Skin retraction prediction post Vaser

Thank you for your question and photos (all done at good angles to judge).
You have done very well changing your life style and losing weight naturally.
You telling that you suffer from Colitis and on medication which is an immune-modulator. You will need to check with your gastroenterologist if it is safe for you to have liposuction surgery as your immunity will be altered by medication and it can affect healing and infection risk.
If that is safe then the surgeon will assess your abdomen and flanks to see if skin thickness is good to predict a reasonable retraction (normally skin 2mm or more is associated with better retraction than thinner skin).
Fat layer than assessed (if it is fat or just other soft tissues), muscle tone and relationship between subcutaneous to visceral fat is calculated to predict your suitability for Vaser.
Psychological suitability profile is also checked.
Based on that factors Vase surgeon will be able to advise you if your concerns can be resolved by Vaser, which type of Vaser is better for you ,  he/she will discuss risks and benefit etc.
He/she also will be able to advise if a mini-tummy tuck is a better option (form photos it looks like you do not have enough laxity to justify a full abdominoplasty)

Good Job!

Thanks for your question and photos and congratulations on the weight loss!  You look to be in excellent shape and I would certainly encourage you to continue to exercise, as that can only help.  Most likely, you are at a stable weight now - but technically, you should be at that weight for at least 3 months before considering any kind of tummy tuck.  Vaser liposuction will remove perhaps a final layer of stubborn fat and also give you some degree of skin tightening, but adding a ThermiTight procedure will do even more for skin tightening.  Regarding tummy tuck - you do appear to have skin laxity both above and below the belly-button.  Mini tummy-tucks only address laxity below the umbilicus, whereas a full tummy-tuck will address laxity both above and below the umbilicus.  Vaser + Thermitight would give you the best option of addressing the skin laxity without the need for a tummy-tuck, but if you want a guarantee that your abdomen will be flat and tight, then I would recommend a full traditional tummy-tuck.  Obviously, I do not have the benefit of being able to perform a physical examination on you, so when you do see a surgeon for a consultation, that may change the recommendations, as you may not have enough loose skin to perform a full tummy-tuck.  Best of luck and please keep us posted as to your decision and outcome.

Liposuction of Tummy Tuck?

First, congratulations on your weight loss! That's no easy feat! An examination in person will help give you the best advice. It is highly likely that after a 92 lb. weight loss you have loose skin. Liposuction does not treat loose skin, it removes excess fat. While you could proceed with liposuction alone, you may be left with crepey skin that looks even more loose. If you only have loose skin below your belly button, you may be able to get away with a mini tummy tuck. If you have loose skin above and below, a full tummy tuck would be best. A consultation with a plastic surgeon will give you a customized surgical plan. Best of luck and keep up the good work!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician