Do I need an uplift as well as implants? (Photo)

From sternum to nipples are 21/2cm and also from nipple to nipple 21cm. Will a 450cc implant jus be ok or do I need uplift aswel.

A lift as well as implants?

Hello ksweet, this is difficult to answer without seeing you.  A lift does improve the shape of the breast but also comes with extra potential complications, so implants alone may be a good compromise.  It is a common dilemma and you are welcome to come along to my webinar where I discuss this among other aspects of choosing breast implants (the link is below).  
The most important thing is to choose a good surgeon that you are comfortable with.  Look for FRCS(Plast) after their name - there is a register on the BAAPS and BAPRAS websites.  Good luck.

Do I need an uplift as well as implants?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation

You would most likely get the best result with a breast augmentation and a crescent lift but you need to be see in person to determine that. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area
#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastlift #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Breast implant selection is an important process and requires good communication between you and your surgeon. Typically, breast measurements are initially obtained to provide an initial guide to implants appropriate for your chest. It's then advised that you try different sizers in a normal bra with a tight t-shirt to get an idea of what your breasts would look like. It's important to focus on the look that you want instead of a specific cup size or implant size.  If you're content with a more natural look, implants are all you need.  If you want more perky breasts, a limited breast lift would be needed.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS