Which type of uplift would you recommend? (Photos)

25 years old, childless. My breasts have been the same size and shape since they grew in aged 13. Wear a 32dd bra size, UK. I like the volume that they have, so do not want implants,but they hang so low on my frame. I like the idea of internal support rather than just skin tightening. And no children currently but would like some in the future. I am aware that this will alter them. But what would you suggest would be my best option for a perkier chest? Happy to go smaller if necessary.

Which Breast Lift Is Best?

Minimal incisions means minimal lift. A Benelli lift/donut lift may not be sufficient for the amount of lift you need. Moreover, that type of breast lift only changes the breast contour in one dimension, and tends to flatten the breast where it should project the most -- the nipple-areola complex. The scars around the areola also tend to widen with this type of breast lift. For women who need more than 1 cm of elevation of the nipple, a vertical or anchor mastopexy will give better lift without flattening the breast projection. Adding a vertical incision to the mastopexy vastly improves the overall breast  shape and in most patients, this scar is very forgiving. From a woman's perspective, I'd rather have well-shaped breasts with an additional small scar then poorly shaped, droopy breasts with minimal scar. Additionally, even though there are techniques to "auto-augment" your breast with your own breast tissue so that it looks like you have a breast implant, a breast lift tends to make your breasts look smaller as the lift compacts your breast tissue when removing the excess skin. Since you stated you don't mind being smaller, then you can forgo enhancement with breast implants. As always, an in-person evaluation will give you the most personalized and best surgical plan. 

Sacramento Physician

Breast lift with internal support

Thank you for your question and helpful photos. The Bellesoma breast lift was developed after many years of performing the standard Wise and vertical scar breast lifts with unsatisfactory results for my patients and myself. A customized cone and straps shape and anchor the breasts to the chest muscles without using any type of foreign material (other than sutures) to secure the breast in place for years to come. Please take a minute to view the attached video to see what can now be done with the most current technique available. This technique also has the added benefit of no vertical scar and preserving nipple sensitivity. I hope this helps.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  I would likely recommend a breast lift with auto-augmentation which means increasing the volume in the upper pole of the breast by moving tissue up from the lower pole.  The postop appearance mimics that of a perky, augmented breast.  To be sure, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Mastopexia without implants

Thanks for submitting your photos. Based on them you will need a mastopexia surgery without implants and lollipop scar as you have enough breast tissue.  Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. All the best...

Ozge Ergun, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Be aware of the type of results achievable with a breast lift

Hello StillUnsure,

It looks like you would benefit from a breast lift and this would involve scarring around the areola as well as a vertical extension (lollipop) and possible a short scar in the fold (short T).  This sort of breast lift involves rearranging the breast tissue so that it is higher on your chest and is not just skin tightening.  However, your breasts will settle over time, so it is important to be aware of the sort of result that you can expect and you need to look and postoperative photographs after everything has settled so that you can set your expectations.  Good luck.

Breast lift

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, a lollipop (vertical) lift will probably be best, maybe with a small horizontal component at the crease.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Lift style

Thank you for your question. The first thing is that a lift moves the nipple complex to the correct anatomic position. It doesn't move the breast. Your breasts are low on your chest in other words the crease of the breast stays in  the same place. You will need a full lift. Many doctore do this with a inverted T, of a vertical lift. 

Ralph M. Rosato, MD
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Procedures

The procedure is done on an outpatient basis under intravenous sedation and local or general anesthesia. As mentioned above there are a variety of techniques for these operations.  Lollipop lift (vertical lift), donut (periareola) lift, Benelli lift, crescent lift, anchor lift (inverted T). Most commonly, we prefer the lollipop or donut lift because of the shape, small scars and easier healing. Although the “anchor-shape” or inverted “T” incision is still more popular in the United States, it represents an older technique with extensive scarring and a less optimal result in many cases. These newer techniques are utilized in the vast majority of cases, the rare exception being extremely large breasts. The nipple-areola complex is repositioned higher, the excess skin is removed, and the breast is reshaped in a pleasing contour and in a more normal position.

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

The best way to help determine the best procedure for your desired results would be a consultation with a local board certified plastic surgeon. You should be able to take all of your questions in for free and get some initial ideas of what would be the best option for you. Good luck!

Which type of uplift would you recommend?

Thank you for your question. In person examination and measurements are used to determine which type of lift is needed. Based on your photos, this would be either a vertical or anchor incision. During the lift heavy tissue is commonly removed from the bottom and outside of each breast. This reshapes the breasts and helps prevent recurrence of sagging because there's less weight.  Make sure to see board certified plastic surgeons. 

Breast lift

It really depends upon several factors as to what technique is used. If you want more volume an implant can be used and a small lift with a circumareolar approach or a vertical ( lollipop) incision can be used. Best of luck.