Is this type of scarring normal this long after hairline lowering/ forehead reduction surgery? (Photo)

I'm very worried about my scar after having hairline lowering surgery 3 and a half weeks ago. It's still red and scabby is some places, and I'm particularly concerned about one side which is stretched and red! Have emailed my surgeon but in the meantime I'd love some advice on why it is like this and whether there is anything I should do to improve it.

Scarring after a hairline lowering surgery

Scarring does happen after a hairline lowering surgery. The redness will slowly go away and your doctor can facilitate this if you meet with him./her. A hair transplant might be necessary to hide the scar

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Early healing

You would need 6 months to evaluate your final result. This appearance looks normal for 3-4 weeks after surgery. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon