Do I need a tummy tuck? (photos)

I had a caesarian 5 years ago and have the typical mummy pouch. I am very active and have always been good with diet/exercise but the only thing I can change is weight on my hips and only slightly. I know my muscles have seperated as I can feel the gap. I'm pretty sure I need a full tt with lipo and muscle repair.(I bloat quite badly hence the full look at the top of my stomach) Thankyou in advance

Do I need a tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question and photos, you are a very good candıdate for Full tummy tuck. Tummy tuck is a surgical procedure aimed at reshaping deformed waistline and the abdominal wall. Although tummy tucks are mostly preferred by women, often due to post-pregnancy deformations, it can also be performed on males. Tummy tuck surgery is performed on patients suffering from increased abdominal fat accumulation, sagging and particularly diastasis recti (ab separation).

Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a lateral tension abdominoplasty. This is a special kind of tummy tuck that I perform which reattaches the muscles that separate during pregnancy. Unfortunately no amount of diet or exercise reattaches these muscles. You will of course need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

You will benefit from a Tummy Tuck

Hi. Liposuction will help to a significant extent in your case. But if you want a very toned appearance, you will benefit from a Full Tummy Tuck / Abdominoplasty. 

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Do I need a tummy tuck?

From what you say, and from what I can see, you should do very well with an abdominoplasty, tightening of the rectus muscles, and possibly some liposuction to help shape the tissue over the hips and 'love handle' area. The best way for you to get accurate information about your suitability is to make an appointment to see a reputable surgeon in your area, so that you can be examined properly and ask searching questions about which technique is best for you. Good luck.

Do I need a tummy tuck?

No-one "needs" a tummy tuck but judging from your photos you are likely to get great benefit from having one.  Most likely a full tummy tuck with muscle repair and lipo will give you an improved body contour.  Many people will also have improved core strength which improves posture, relieves back pain, can help with incontinence and may even enhance sexual function.

If you are unhappy with the appearance (and function) of your abdomen then I think a tummy tuck is a good option for you.  A full tummy tuck will give you best results.  It will mean your tattoos are likely to be removed though.  They can always be redone later though, they can even be used to hide some of the scars!

Tummy tuck?

From your photos it looks like you would have a nice result from a full tummy tuck (muscle repair is part of a full tummy tuck) and you could do some lipo of the flanks.  I would recommend an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes!

Maida Parkins, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Dear Clair27x,

Thank you for posting pictures with your question. A classical low scar tummy tuck will suit you perfectly. This procedure will fix the separated muscles and remove the fat-skin excess for a flatter abdomen. I also recommend you to have some lipo to improve the body shape. Best wishes

Kelvin Eusebio, MD