Do I need a tummy tuck? (Photo)

I was really hoping I could just get liposuction but after looking at my pictures I think I may have to get a tummy tuck.

Tummy Tuck & Liposuction.

Greetings,Thank you for your question and photos, evaluationing on your photos, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  You can easily get rid of your fat deposits with liposculpture operation which is a fast and safe method if this will not get you your satisfation results then you can consider having a Tummy Tuck for improved tightening of the upper abdomen a small incision around belly button.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction. This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy tuck - yes!

Hi there Leighanne. Based on your photos, a tummy tuck looks as if it will be a good option to remove the loose skin and tighten up the abdominal contour. However, in some situations, liposuction may be a good initial procedure to thin down the soft tissue - you may be satisfied with the outcome and if not, it will at least allow you to get more out of the tummy tuck, which can be performed at a second stage. Best to go through these options with a surgeon in-person. Good luck!

Tummy Tuck

With the laxity you have of the muscles of your tummy, tummy tuck is likely to give you the best result.
Consultation with a good, reputable plastic surgeon should confirm the advice you are looking for.

Douglas McGeorge, MBChB
Liverpool Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck surgery

Thank you for your question

Please do go and see your local plastic surgeon for a one to one review and frank discussion about your goals but in essence you do seem to be suitable for a full tummy tuck.

The concept, process and complications will be discussed in full to give you a clearer picture of what is involved.

Needs an exam

Most likely an abdominoplasty will best correct the falling tissues and hanging area.  Tightening of your abdominal muscles can help your back.
Lipo does not give a lift, but can reduce volume.

Do I need a tummy tuck?

Thank you for the question and pictures. You will likely be a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery; definitive advice however would necessitate much more information. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

When the time is right, seek consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. It will be important to educate yourself about the potential risks/complications associated with surgery and have a good idea of realistic expectations. Keep in mind, that it is a major operation, associated with a significant physical (and often emotional) recovery period. Having enough help/support at home for yourself and children will be important part of the planning process.
 You may also find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!