Will a tummy tuck work? (photos)

As you can see from the pictures I have loose skin quite far round my hips, will a tummy tuck work? I have separated muscles too. I'm worried about "dog ears"? Can you advise me please

Tummy tuck or lower body lift

Yes you could do with a tummy tuck with stitching of your abdominal muscles.

It depends on whether the excess skin going around your side from the picture can be pulled forward an inward or whether you need a circumferential lower body lift to get the best result and avoid the dogears.

Can't say that from your pictures only.

Best of luck

Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty

Thank you for your question and for sharing appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a lateral  tension abdominoplasty. This is a special kind of tummy tuck procedure that I perform which will reattach the abdominal muscles and remove the excess skin. Make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in these areas. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Dr. Derby Sang

Thank you for your question and your photo.

you seem to be a great candidate for a TT combined with a LIPO. i recommend you to consult a board certified PS and go over your concerns.

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Will a tummy tuck work? (photos)

You look like a great candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck.

there are different types of tummy tucks which one is right for me and how are they different from the other? There is a mini tummy tuck, tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Tummy Tuck and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low incision, all completely below the bikini line.  The belly button can be designed to look natural and have no scars on the exterior.   Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be performed to improve the contour of your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Will a tummy tuck work? Extended tummy tuck may be good option...

A full tummy tuck involves repair of the rectus muscles and removal of the majority of loose and excess skin to provide a tightened abdomen area. An extended tummy tuck also treats the skin and adipose tissue of the flank and/or lower back area. Sometimes, liposuction surgery alone suffices; for other patients, an extended tummy tuck is necessary.

I have found, that for most patients who really want to improve their waistline ( "muffin top" or "love handle" areas) , extended tummy tuck surgery is necessary.  Much will depend on physical examination characteristics such as skin elasticity and specific patient's goals/expectations. Ultimately, it is best to discuss your overall goals with your surgeon to decide what your best option.

In other words, it will be very important, to communicate your goals/expectations directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably in front of a full-length mirror and possibly with the help of goal photographs, prior to proceeding. In other words, make sure that you are both on the "same page". Best wishes.

Suitability for abdominoplasty

Thank you very much for your kind question

Your pictures are not very clear but it looks like you may well be a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery is this was of interest. 

You would need a one-to-one consultation with a plastic surgeon to discuss the surgery in more detail and to assess any medical issues.

Good luck

Will a tummy tuck work?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

The Tummy Tuck consists in the removal of excess skin and abdominal fat and muscle flaccidity correction. This situation of excess skin and relaxation of the abdominal wall is often in patients who have had weight gain and subsequent loss or in womenwho have had multiple pregnancies. Tummy Tuck (Abdominiplasty)  get a flatter, firmer abdomenand a narrower waist.

The most recommended would be an assessment in person with your surgeon certified plastic and there  determine what would be your objectives.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD