Tummy tuck scar height?

Can you ask for a high tummy tuck scar? I have stretch marks above my belly button and none at the bottom of my tummy, i don't want a full tummy tuck with a bikini scar as i know the remaining stretch marks will still be present but in a lower position, so is there anyway of having a tummy tuck scar in the middle section of the abdomen so all stretch marks can be removed? I'm not to worried about scaring as I am planning to have a tattoo over the scar. Has anyone done this before? Thanks

Tummy Tuck Scar

Thanks for your question.  It is really difficult to remove stretch marks above the belly button even if you place the scar higher.  This is possible, but you have to keep in mind that will leave a pretty visible scar.  I would not generally recommend this.  Best of luck. 

Tummy tuck scar

Thank you for posting.what might be a better option for you is a reverse tummy tuck where the scar is hidden under your breasts and addresses mostly the upper abdomen.I am however pretty sure you won't get rid of all the stretch marks even with this method, but it is hard to say without a picture.You can of course put the scar across your abdomen, but really? Even with a tattoo??
Best of luck, I hope you find the best solution for you

Tummy tuck scar

you can put the scar any where that you want........................................................

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon