Tummy tuck, have pain - is it a seroma?

Hi, I'm 2 weeks 4 days post op from my tummy tuck & lipo, for the last four days have had really sore, tender raw stingy feeling inside my tummy, the size of 3 saucers in a triangle shape from my pubic bone around to both sides of my belly button , funny way to explain the pain & size but that's the only way I can think of it, I'm also thinking it could be seromas, but do seroma give off this kind of pain too ???

Seroma after Tummy Tuck

No seromas in and of themselves don't cause pain.  It is a painless collection of fluid.  It is entirely normal to have pain 2 weeks out, especially as you increase your activity level.  It is always best to bring your concerns to your surgeon, so he can examine you and determine if a seroma is present or not.

Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck, have pain - is it a seroma?

You may have a seroma, particularly if you feel the area is getting larger and larger with time.  It is always best to ask these questions of your chosen surgeon as recommendations may be different.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS