Is this a tummy tuck failure? (Photo)

I had a full tummy tuck in April, no lipo as it was not recommended. It has now been 7 months and I have no swelling but a bulge/pot belly above my scar, what could have caused this? My tummy is a lot better after my TT but I'm still not happy with my result, would I need a revision and what does that involve? I have attached photo's of pre-op and my current status.I live in the UK & I saw my consultant at 7 weeks and due again next week

Is this a tummy tuck failure?

This is not a failure, but this can likely be improved.  Sometimes there are complicating issues which prevent full improvement in only one surgery.

Not a failure

Thank you for posting

Your tummy tuck is not a failure, but it can be revised to give you a better result. When the skin has lost its elasticity it happens that no matter how hard you pull at the initial  operation, and no matter how tight you think you have done it, it needs redoing.

I am sure your consultant will talk to you about a revision, it is skin and some fat, but a liposuction won't shrink your excess skin, so don't go for that only.

Best of luck

Is this a tummy tuck failure?

I think that "failure" is not an appropriate word to use here;  overall you have a significant improvement from your pre op status. Having said that, there is room for improvement and revisionary surgery ( likely involving removal of additional skin and/or liposuction), may be very helpful.   Best wishes.

Tummy Tuck Result A Failure?

I would not describe your result as a failure. There is significant improvement in your abdominal contour. There is also room for further improvement. Discuss your concerns and expectations with your plastic surgeon.

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician