Do I have tubular breasts? (photos)

I am 18 years old and a B cup. I'm very self cautious about my breast size and shape and I was wondering if I had tubular breast and what procedures I can go threw to get them fixed.

Tuberous Breasts

Thank you for the question. Based on the photos alone, it does not seem that you have tuberous breasts.  It would be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full assessment if you plan on increasing the size of your breast. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Not tuberous breasts

You do not have tuberous breasts, but if you are concerned about the size of them augmentation would be a good option.

Justin P. Martin, MD
Dothan Physician

No

No, you do not have tuberous breasts. You do appear to have some asymmetry. If it really bothers you, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) about your options for improving symmetry. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Tubular breasts

Thank you for your question.  You do not have tubular breasts.  A breast augmentation will increase the size of your breasts.  You do have some asymmetry which is common.  No woman's breasts look exactly the same; very often after a breast augmentation the asymmetry is less noticeable as the percentage difference between the two breasts becomes smaller.  Hope that helps -

Tubular breasts

You do have very mild tubular breast. I would suggest a tear drop shaped implant to provide more volume to you lower breast which is deficient. The implant will help to stretch the tight lower skin and the projection of the teardrop shaped implant which is lower will sit below your nipple areola and push this higher.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Concerned about tuberous breasts

Thank you for asking about your breasts.

• Your breasts are small but normal with a very nice shape.
  • To make them larger, you can have a breast augmentation.
  • There is slight asymmetry (which is normal) - this can be reduced with various approaches at the time of surgery.
  • So find a surgeon in whom you have confidence - and discuss your options.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Tubular breasts

Your picture does not show a tubular breast deformity.  Find a plastic surgeon who performs 3D imaging to assist you in determining your size.   This may be helpful to you if you are concerned about too large a breast after augmentation.

Do I have tuberous breasts?

not really. You do seem to have  slightly high infra-mammary folds, which make to nipples look fractionally low on the breast, but I think this is something that can be overcome with a conventional breast augmentation and you do not need any of the mastopexy techniques that are used to correct tuberous breast problems. The slightly tight fold will probably need to be released as part of the procedure, but your surgeon can explain that in detail at your consultation. I would suggest the best move for you is to have a consultation with an experienced, qualified surgeon who can illustrate what changes are possible.

James Murphy, FRCS(Plast)
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Normal breasts

You appear to have normal breasts.  Provided you are otherwise healthy, you appear to be an excellent candidate for breasts implants.  Good luck!

Tuberous

No. Not at all. Your breasts are just small and tight. Your shape and position are good, making you an excellent candidate for an appropriate size breast augmentation. See a plastic surgeon for your options.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD