Use of treatments after having Voluma filler?

Hello. I am new here. I signed up because I have a question about Voluma. I have had this filler for the first time, and I absolutely love it. However, since this has been done, a question has occurred to me that didn't before. I do my own treatments at home. I use an IPL hair removal device. I am wondering if this is something that I have to stop using now? I would be grateful if anyone could perhaps pass on some of their knowledge. Many thanks. xx

Voluma is placed deep as a volumizer.
Use of a superficial home IPL device should be fine.
Glad you like the Voluma.

Hello xxdebsixx,

Light based treatments should have no effect on dermal fillers.  I would recommend you wait at least a week after your injection, though, because with enough pressure you can cause your filler to move.  After about a week it is in a position that would be much more difficult to make it move.  In either case, the light won't affect the filler (light therapy can affect Botox and should not be used the first day after Botox injection to not neutralize the Botox).

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

At home treatments after Voluma

I'm happy to hear how pleased you are with Voluma.  You can resume normal at home skin treatments without impacting your Voluma.  I would advise waiting a week or so after injections just to allow the skin to fully heal and allow any swelling to subside before beginning other treatments.

Camille Cash, MD

IPL after Voluma

Hi xxdebsixx,

Voluma is fantastic! Happy to hear you loved your results. Don't worry about affecting the results with an IPL treatment - they can both be done safely together. Take care!

Elizabeth Geddes-Bruce, MD, MS
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatments After Voluma

Thank you for your question. The Voluma is injected deep into the skin. That being said, you are safe to use any laser treatment for hair removal without any risk to your filler. Happy you like it.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Laser hair removal is fine after Voluma

The lasers don't penetrate deep enough to affect the Voluma. Even the lasers at a doctors office won't go that deep. Some treatments like RF can go deeper and may affect the HA fillers.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lasers and Fillers and Botox -- Can Be Done Together

Fillers and lasers can be done together without any complications.  I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

IPL after voluma = If not bruising it might be OK #voluma #fillers #drmesa #realself100

In my practice I recommend my patients to re-start their routine facial care after the swelling and possible bruises have resolved (e.g. facials, waxing, etc). Int he case that one of my patients develop bruising after vouma injection, I recommend them not to expose the area to direct sun light, UV tanning beds or IPLs to prevent permanent tattoo  of the skin. The iron of the blood (bruise) could turn into permanent tattoo if exposed to light. Therefore. Patients should use sunblock lotion every day and re-start any routine after bruising is resolved. 

John Mesa, MD